Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy Fourth

I'm a couple of days late with the greeting because I had to work at the Home.

The store was open until 8 PM on the 4th. We weren't too busy so we were allowed to get things ready for the 5th earlier than usual and to go home at 8:10 PM. We are always scheduled to work an hour after closing to get things in order for the next day. No, we didn't get paid for the 50 minutes.

Then the 5th hit. We were even busier than we were on Memorial Day!! I suppose the customers took advantage of the long weekend and rested up on Friday for the stamina they needed to inundate us on Saturday. I had great customers all day. Unfortunately for us and the customers we couldn't get to, management failed to anticipate such a big day and understaffed the Garden Department, again.

I'm feeling a whole lot better

My knees are better as far as walking and steps are concerned. Still can't twist them or take movement from side to side though. I haven't played golf yet this year. Haven't even practiced. But I'm not going to have to quit work because of knees. And that's really good because...

Toni and I are now saving a lot on our medical insurance

We've been paying $700 a month for what Valspar offers and would have been paying a lot more in December when that will run out. But now we are paying $320 a month because the Home offers benefits to part-time employees. What a great deal.

All I have to do is work!!!

I just have to be there when I've agreed to be, be dressed like I've agreed to be dressed and do what's required of me while I'm there.

Listen, if you must, to the leftist propagandists

They say that the US economy is in recession because there have been job losses. They say there are millions who have no medical insurance because it isn't available to them.

The lefties exaggerate. Toni and I are the evidence that supports my case.

Maybe the lefties will deduct us from their numbers? Anybody have their phone number so I can be sure they aren't counting us?


GOD LOVES AMERICA. I'M FOLLOWING HIS EXAMPLE.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bup, I'm actually going to agree with you a little bit. While there have been job losses(unfortunately my brother was just one of them!), there are also jobs out there for people who want them. My agency is a perfect example. We can't keep people. Now the pay isn't great, but we don't pay any premium sharing for our health insurance. We get holidays off, and sometimes they give us ice cream. And low pay is better than no pay if you don't have a job.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck we are just wallowing in the cash. ... . I bet we got enough left over to attack Peru next. Dr. Phil Gramm was right 'Mericans are just a bunch of whiners and crybabies. It's all mental, things cannot possibly be bad. We have had George for eight years to protect us.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for the encouragement.

You agree with me about something in the business/economic arena. That's good!!!

We'll have many other good conversations in the next 30 - 40 years.

I am very happy that you will be my daughter-in-law.

Bup

 

Post a Comment

<< Home