Thursday, June 21, 2007

Denis needs another vacation

Denis: I thought that a week of luxuriating in the fresh salt air would have repaired some of your liberal synapses.

Either the vacation did you no good or you’re just being sarcastic. I can’t tell which. But on a charitable note: Have you expelled all of that water from your lungs yet?

Here’s one definition of a documentary: A book or film that presents facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter. I haven’t seen any of Moore’s films. Maybe I ought to be fair to him and defer comment until I see them. But I don’t think I owe him any fairness when I read the following quotes he’s uttered about America and Americans while overseas:

British Paper-The Mirror - "They (Americans) are possibly the dumbest people on the planet
. . . in thrall to conniving, thieving smug [pieces of the human anatomy]," Moore intoned. "We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing."

In Munich - "That's why we're smiling all the time," he told a rapturous throng in Munich. "You can see us coming down the street. You know, `Hey! Hi! How's it going?' We've got that big [expletive] grin on our face all the time because our brains aren't loaded down."

In England - "You're stuck with being connected to this country of mine, which is known for bringing sadness and misery to places around the globe." In Liverpool, he paused to contemplate the epicenters of evil in the modern world: "It's all part of the same ball of wax, right? The oil companies, Israel, Halliburton."

In An Open Letter to the German people in Die Zeit, Moore asked, "Should such an ignorant people lead the world?" Then he began to reflect on things economic. His central insight here is that the American economy, like its people, is pretty crappy, too: "Don't go the American way when it comes to economics, jobs and services for the poor and immigrants. It is the wrong way."

Interview with Japanese newspaper - "The motivation for war is simple. The U.S. government started the war with Iraq in order to make it easy for U.S. corporations to do business in other countries. They intend to use cheap labor in those countries, which will make Americans rich."

Is a man who holds such opinions capable of being objective and of keeping propaganda out of his films? I thoroughly doubt it.

And I’ve looked for corroboration that a prize has been offered for proving inaccuracies in Fahrenheit 9/11 and can’t find any. Did you get this directly from Moore’s website?

On the use of the word "mistake"

National leaders never made “mistakes” before the Clinton machine showed up. “We just made a mistake” is what it said when it was found to have in its possession 500 FBI files that it shouldn’t have had. It said something like We didn't know this was against the law. Those files gave it the kind of information it needed to intimidate the federal government that it had when it was the “boss” of Arkansas.

On socialized medicine

Denis: I’ve seen socialized medicine in person. My friend from Liverpool took me to visit his mother in hospitals twice over the years. These hospitals are best described as less than what St. Joseph’s Hospital was 40 years ago. They are aging buildings without air conditioning. The richer types over there can get their own health care and I’m sure their hospitals are much better. But I trust that the experiment of government-controlled socialized health care in the US will result in a two-tiered system like I saw in England. And then maybe even you will be bitching about your taxes as the government attempts to close the gap it created.

And I mean it very strongly when I say I am opposed to my tax money being used to perform elective abortions.

And then I fail to understand this stuff about me being Mexican. I've been lying to all of you all this time anyway so I might as well come clean. I am no longer of Polish and German heritage. I am French.

9 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Oh I went to (a) hospital in Liverpool and I now know everything about Government run medicine.....Read more carefully.....I said single payer Medical.I never endorsed the Great Britain version. I never mentioned a word about Socialized medicine. Lord knows I was vehmently opposed to the Hilary plan.....It works very well in Germany (although it isn't fully single payer) Sweden, Japan (again not fully single payer), Switzerland, France too, etc... etc. Everywhere but us and South Africa (and the non-industrialized countries). So I guess you don't consider the outragous money that businesses pay for health care to their employees a tax ? Expenses are expenses , no matter if it's a tax or the cost of materials. If there is a way to eliminate the bloated overhead by doing away with the paperwork of dozens of different insurance plans. The obscene wages of the executives of such plans. Not to mention the advertizing budgets for each and everyone of these leeches......I'm really amazed that this subject isn't embraced by you people who espouse lowering the cost of business. This should be a ....ahem...Republican idea....but you people are such fools you will cut your own noses off......

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and now for something completely different.....Francis, is that the best you can do ? MM quotes ? Gee that's a great arguement for supporting a pack of despots and traitors. Moore is a leftest...I am not ,I shouldn't be defending him. ....Do you defend David Duke ? I'm sure he has said a lot of stupid things in his life......but I'm also sure he joins you in your admiration for the Boy George.......What about those Moore quotes don't you get ? Please tell me you have more, 'cause there is nothing in those quotes that have anything close to being controversial. American's are ignorant and mostly down right stupid. Most don't know their own history let alone world history. More people in America know who Paris Hilton is than Condi Rice. More Americans voted for American Idol than voted in the last election ( although that could be possibly explained by Republican suppression of the vote - of which you of course have no knowledge of- again proving his point).....and this last one should not surprize you...in fact....you proably agree with them. 24% of Americans still believe that Saddam had ties with al-Quada and 29% that we found WMD and Saddam had WMD 34%. FAUX Viewers, 86% -74% -82% respectively.......

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....I think I already told you that I thought someone should have went to jail over those FBI files......I know I've told you before I am not a fan of the Clintons.....They are both Corperatives and much too pragmatic....I've got little use for them. I still do not see your point, you aren't suggesting that because they got away with malfeasance that it's okey-dokey for the Bush leagers to do the same ? ...Or are you ?

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... I still don't understand why you keep bring up the abortion issue....no one is going to change their mind about it......and no politician is going to pass a law forbiding it unless he has a clear mandate...catch 22. I grew up in the same house as you , I agree with you that it is a despicable act. I just think my tax dollars going to Napalm infants in Fallujah is just as despicable......but I guess that's the price they need to pay for their freedoms and Democracies.....I might add the difference between the amount of your tax dollars that went to killing humans far surpasses the miniscule amount given to family services. Frankly , Fran I don't think any of your tax dollars ever payed for a abortion.....but ....of course your going to find me wrong , by quoting something you heard on FAUX.(A well known Right wing,Fascist,propaganda,media)

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....The $1M was not put up by Michael Moore....in fact it was put up by an anonymous source (Scaife)....I first read about it on "Little Green Footballs" a infamous Right Wing forum......Later, I heard Michael Moore decided to match it and then post the entire transcript on his website.....I cannot confirm this since I've never seen his website.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

......It is reported that "Judicial Watch", is a right leaning ACLU (Although I don't see any bias in anything that either do) , is the organization that brought suit against the Clinton administration over the 900 FBI files...they also are the ones that tracked down Monica Lewinsky story for that hack Starr.....Well if you are the seeker of truth you profess to be...I challenge you to look up what they have dicovered so far about your heros. To make your search easier I would suggest going to their web site, and maybe useing your search engine of choice to explore the the only airlines that were flying after 9/11 and who chartered those planes and who was on those planes and why little boy Georgie doesn't even give Osama Bin FN Laden a second thought and why we are in Iraq-nam instead of finishing this thing in Afghanistan.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are just awesome....you know Bup's just shaking his head....I was reading back a few months on this and came across the one about A.B's will....#2, you think #1 was only kidding .....his not...she wanted me to keep him, but I convinced her that Marty and you make a great pair...and that you wouldn't want it any other way...that you are the only one that would LOVE him as she has for the past 15 years...not to mention you have a big enough bed for him....he loves pillows!!!!!!

FRENCH....was is that?????

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Oh, its all about you isn't it...#6 ? Well I'll gladly take the little tyke....I got just the right sized pole, to fit his stern oriface.....I'll be tarring the garage roof soon and I'm sure I can persuade him to help out......nice to see Fran's up to ...what....five readers now ? Must be his persistent whining about Hillary that keeps him from attaining Kos-like readership.......He never could stand a strong intelligent woman.Must have been his monk education ;-)

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....Sorry....I meant a strong intelligent woman that votes Demoncrate (Even if they are a slimy Republicant)....of course he has been married to a strong intelligent woman ( who just happens to vote the wrong way ;-).....sorry Toie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home