Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dear Denis

The book you loaned to me is in the queue. I'll move it up in line if you insist.

Q-E7

12 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Fran said...

And I will not waste time reading anything that advocates communism or socialism as the cure for the world's ills. I read Karl Marx and many commentaries since. How many times must something fail before the liberal mind realizes it is and will always be a failure?

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p-d6xB . ... . Denis will be writing you shortly. He is smoking Salmon at the moment. Damn, them liberals will smoke anything ....Which weekend in September will you be able to come in ? Friday stay the night , get the hell out before Denis wakes up ;-)..... We could " Iron Chef " Salmon....Oh, mussels also.....maybe a little "Drunkin' Peach Melba"....Oh and a few bottles from the cellar. I promise Denis isn't invited. ps Its not necessary that you leave on a Saturday, I know that Toie has Sunday commitments.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really cared about "What a Hedge Fund Is?" I'm sure you would have Googled it by now. I'll bet (Even though I don't trust it) even Wikipedia could give you an adequate definition..... But for my purpose I will stick to the major "Junk Bond" Hedge Funds....Junk Bonds as you know are just that Junk. No or very little, real collateral offering high yields to compensate for their lack of security. This type of Fund is only offered to the filthy rich since typically you must have a minimum of $5M in your portfolio and shares start at $150K. What you ask does this have to do with Mortgages ? Well it shouldn't but unfortunately they now are. Once upon a time in "Frank Capra's day" we had the Banker Potter (It's a wonderful life) then came the Great Republicant Depression of '29. Smarter men than you instilled Banking laws to regulate the industry. Everything was going swimmingly until Reaganomics and those SOCIALIST regulations were axed....Welcome to the Savings and Loan fiasco.....Now in '02 another Republicant cries Socialism and we get another Banking law ....Just can't have laws hurting the poor banking industry . That would just hold down the elites from their 'Merican dream. Welcome now the era of 36% credit card usury interest and a peculiar little quirk in the way mortgages and loans are distributed. I'm sure you have heard commercials about being able to get unsecured loans even if you have no credit, bad credit, or unable to get a loan before. These loan officers now work on commission they are not responsible for the loan repayment, just the sale. They offered many bad risk loans with balloon payments. The loans are written in ways even Lawyers can't understand them. ... . Back just 25 years ago the lender would work with the lessee if there was a problem in repayment....It was in their best interest (Hee- He a little pun) to. But now these loans , actually junk bonds, are owned by Hedge funds.....Google Countrywide mort. and see what they are doing with these loans......We may all end up in another depression but thank you 'Francis the Enabler' at least the Banking industry isn't socialized.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you are espousing Capitalism as the cure for the world's ills ? Would that be the 'Merican version or the Chinese version ? Capitalism (unregulated Capitalism) equals Colonialism and has never flourished without slavery in one form or another. Capitalism abhors a Middle class. A Middle class only exists when you have a blend of Socialism and Capitalism ....There was No Middle Class in the History of Man until the Renaissance period (partially because most of the labour force died in the great plagues) It didn't crop up again until the "Socialist" FDR era in 'Merican history.....And please refrain from the "Straw Dogs", I get that enough from FAUX. Liberal has nothing to do Karl Marx, and Communism has nothing to do with socialism.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not in need of a sous chef (the operation is much to small for that) but a Saucier, I could use....'specially if he has a special sauce to go with "Blacken Salmon" and "Salmon and Leeks in a fluffy pastry".

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/16076312/the_great_iraq_swindle Read this I dare you.....What are you afraid of ? Finding out that Capitalism may be un-American ? Or this Administration is the embodiment of EVIL ?

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I have been studying sauces for many years. I consider sauces to be the most difficult part of couisine to master. I haven't mastered sauces yet. But I'd be happy to try again as I do always. I'll do more research and we'll have a very nice dinner. (Thank you for asking for my help. I was begining to feel like an orphan!!!).

The scheduling depends solely on the cruise director (she who will never go on a cruise - ever). But she is the keeper of the calendar. She'll read this - she can't help herself - this blog is like a really good mystery novel to her. She'll pick a date, confirm it with you or Susan and we'll be there.

As far as Hedge Funds are concerned: I know I can learn about about them on the net. I don't want to know about them. I said that in an earlier communication.

I don't consult Wikipedia about ANYTHING. There could be an article in Wikipedia about me: Francis E. Doerschner, Jr. living in Beaver PA., the oldest child of seven, father of two children and grandfather of four - and I'd be checking for references.

Wikipedia accepts anything without critical oversight.

And you give me The Rolling Stone as a proof of your points???? Come on Man. Give me something that I can sink my teeth into. (We conservatives are PREDATORS don't you know?)

Your Friend Francis

Q-E2XQ

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your assessment of Wikipedia it is unreliable and full of distortions. ... . Sort of like this Administration and your usual News??? sources. ... . Scared that your preconceived Ultra Right Wing, Fascist ideas that you have nurtured through your ....ahem ...life experiences may actually be wrong ??? A myopic chicken nice combination......

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH My gosh you checked my King .....I'm sooooo scared.... K-e2xQ

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I TRUST MYSELF AND CERTAIN OTHERS.

Isn't Milken is still in jail for his foray into the "junk bond" scam? Maybe he's out of jail. Who cares?

What crap have you been reading?

I KNOW that Capitalism needs a middle-class. WE are that MIDDLE-CLASS. But you published the following drivel:

"Capitalism abhors a Middle class. A Middle class only exists when you have a blend of Socialism and Capitalism ....There was No Middle Class in the History of Man until the Renaissance period (partially because most of the labour force died in the great plagues) It didn't crop up again until the "Socialist" FDR era in 'Merican history....."

I'm sorry my good friend. YOU AND YOUR IDEAS ARE WRONG

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prove it butt-head.......History is full of an Elite Class and a slave class to do their Labour.....Prove it , I say again.....You cannot. And don't give me that nonsense that there is always a class of people between the Rich and the poor as being a MIDDLE CLASS....You know damn well what I'm referring to. When the Middle Class exceeds the Elites and the poor combined....Like the Fifties and Sixties. There were always merchants that exceeded the wealth of the poor but they numbered very few and hardly had wealth much higher than the slave labour.... Unfettered Capitalism is the worst type of tyranny...there is only room for a small amount of ELITE and a vast amount of cheap slave labour. Like 19th Century England ( with their Minimum wage laws ) and the Robber Baron era of 19th Century America.... Show me where I have erred my myopic, chicken, Torry lovin' , Anti-Democracy Brother.....Show me one case in History when a Capitalistic society did not have majority slave labour force. ....There was no Middle Class in the United States until the late '40s. Maybe if Teddy (Liberal) Roosevelt could have finished the death grip that the Robber Barons had on the Nation. Maybe if the Lazy-fair Capitalistic behaviors of the '20s didn't lead to the Great Republicant Depression of '29....Maybe the labour force in America would have had a 40 hour work week before 1940. It took what you call "Socialism" to raise the majority out of poverty. .....but you of course in the twilight of your life, wish upon your Grandchildren the life of a 19th century street urchin...'cause its better that one or two disgustingly rich bastards own everything ,like Monopoly and we spend whats left of America's largees on another 'Nam......Nice Guy.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit reading Denis, you'll only encourage....I mean Embolden him. Make a move. ... . I'm going to die before this game gets over.....or is that your new plan, from your Generals on the field ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home