Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Guantanamo

If he hasn’t done so already today, Obama will soon sign an executive order closing the terrorist detainment center at Guantanamo. The order will either specify no target date for the closure or the target date will be at least four years out. His supporters will be placated and the mainstream media will laud this action as an example of the great changes to be expected from the new regime.

But nothing will be different and there will be no substantive changes in US policy in this regard. Barack and his aides have been officially informed about what he and they should have known and, perhaps, did know. The inmates at Guantanamo are not innocent bystanders caught up in an illegal military sweep. They are severely dangerous threats to the United States and must be handled as they are now being handled.

The Obama administration will not admit that the Bush Administration had it right all along. But its reluctance to close the detainment operation immediately, or within a short period of time, will serve to prove that the Bush Administration did, indeed, have it right.

Deference to the detainees.

Nice clean quarters.









The inmates are issued a copy of the Koran and a surgical mask to keep it off the floor.

11 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice that they can read their Koran after they've been tortured. We sure are good to people.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Mike, I need you to read a book. It is called "Because they hate" It is by a Christian Lebonese girl who survived a 7 year war in Lebanon in a bomb shelter with her parents. She gives great insight into the Muslim/islamic world from her first hand experiences. Basically the point she has to share is that American has absolutley no idea what we are dealing with when it comes to this religion and the severity of the situation with terrorism. This book has been eye opening. I would be curious to hear your thoughts after you read it.

Jess

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I'll read that book of your's..... Just give me the title. ...ps.... I'm not the only anonymous

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unka Mike..i know you aren't the only anonymous...but with your savy sense of humor...I can always tell who you are!


there is a link to that book on my blog--it is highlighted blue and it just says "book".

Jess

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U. Mike, by the way...your last joke was funny and witty

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Mike is getting blamed for my comment!! Any guesses as to who the other anonymous is?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Fran said...

There's another "anonymous"? I truly find it difficult to believe that any hardcore leftie would find it necessary to hide behind a moniker. Aren't y'all fearless and stuff like that?

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has nothing to do with being fearless. This is kind of fun, like a little game.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I don't know any lefties who are capable of having any real fun. Laughing at George Bush is not "real" fun except to a leftie.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody laughs at ex President Bush , they mock him. Maybe those that mock ex President Clinton should get a thicker skin. Not Uncle Mike

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I don't mock Clinton. He made me violently sick and I puked him out. Nothing left to mock. There certainly wasn't anything to laugh at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home