Overly Cautious?
Obviously.
I am always amused by customers who hide the pin pad from me while they enter their pin numbers. Do they think that I'll be tempted to slink out a hidden exit, rip off my orange apron, tackle them in the parking lot and steal their debit cards if I know their pin numbers? Maybe they are giving me credit for a photographic memory that I don't have? How could anyone possibly remember a random four digit number in and amongst the 100's of thousands of other numbers a cashier deals with in a day?

5 Comments:
I used to think the same thing ... Until a cashier at Lowe's in Hermitage stole my parents' credit card number and made some purchases. You are an honest person, but unfortunately not everyone else is.
Well that's Lowe's for ya!!!
ha ha...this post is funny. i can just see the customers hiding the pin from you and you chuckling to yourself. I am also picturing you tackling customers in the parking lot. lol
I look away to demonstrate that I am not interested in what they are doing or what their pin numbers are and then I chuckle to myself.
The customer probably does not realise that the store security camera's in the checkout area can ZOOM in and record the pin where the human eye cannot track the movements of the human finger as it touches the key pad. So I feel safe with any cashier that is there. Especially the Division Engineer or the flunkey fork lift driver.
Post a Comment
<< Home