A contribution to the collective memory
After a long search, I identified the weed that has been stunting our vegetables and driving me crazy. It's the Prostrate Pigweed also known as the Redroot Pigweed and Amaranthus Retroflexus. It's been in our garden for years but not to this extent. The internet information I found says that it is resistant to herbicides like Roundup. I disagree. Roundup works just fine.
Pigweed wasn't a big problem last year. Pigweed is a big problem this year.
Spiders are everywhere this year. I don't remember seeing this many ever before.
Japanese Beetles have been a scourge for the last three summers. Very few have shown up this year.
It has been a great season for tomatoes but not such a good season for peppers. It was the reverse last year.
I encourage you to use this information when, in a few years, someone tells you that this hot summer was bad one.
Weather and climate are explained, if they can be explained at all, by the non-linear equations of Chaos. Such systems don't have easy solutions - in fact, there may be no solutions whatsoever that humans can understand. Computers? Even they would have to run iterations off to infinity to get the answer.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home