Stealing signals?
Stealing signals?
Stealing signals? Every player, manger or coach worth anything MUST get any advantage that the other team gives them. Otherwise they're not worth keeping on the payroll.
The Patriots were filming the other guys!!?? Holy shit!! What a terrible thing!!
"Stealing signals" is an integral part of good baseball - it always has been. Being smart enough to figure out what the other team is doing by watching the third base coach's movements and breaking his code by watching what his team does after his movements, has always been part of the game.
Baseball became much more complicated when the manager signaled the third base coach to send his (the manager's) signal to the batter and the runners on base if there were any. It got even more complicated when managers sent signals to catchers (who always send signals to pitchers anyway) to tell the pitcher what pitch to throw.
I like to watch Maddox, Smoltz, Glavine and Roger - They aren't told what to pitch when. I like that.
But for the NFL to pretend that it is on the high road - and I do mean PRETEND - in this situation is ludicrous. Every football player is "signalled" about what the other team is doing by how the other players line up, how they move before the snap, etc. and etc. They call these things "reads".
I'm very sure that the hated Bill Belicheck and his hated Patriots have not cheated. If the Patriots got some advantage then shame on the Jets for being too obvious. The fines are a joke.
:-) Always happy because I'm alive and I have my wife, daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren, son and daughter-in-law and brothers and sisters.

9 Comments:
You never actually know what your talking about before you bloviate do you ? ....Just for your edification this rule ( No filming on the side lines ) has been in place for at least a few years.....It was stressed specifically this summer to all teams and coaching staffs. Most notably was the statute that no filming can take place from the field or coaches boxes but only from the top tier under a roofed structure and never ever of the sidelines...only the field of play. This is a rule like holding, tripping or unnecessary roughness. . ... . Of course being a Republicant ,you would be in favor of not playing by the rules.Since you do not care if your Preznit tramples the constitution. Nor do you care that Unka Dicky is spying on me......When has the Republicants become the the party of lawlessness and appeasement? Or do we only hold accountable the underprivileged, and non Republicants now ? Don't answer that , It was a loaded question.... My only regret is that Bela-Cheat got a stiffer penalty ( 'though fair under the circumstances) than Unka Dicky will ever get for spying on his enemies(Informed American Patriots).....While your on a rant explain why you people want Sen. Craig who committed no known crime to resign but do not want Sen. Vitter ( who made such a big deal about Clenis, and actually committed a crime), not resign.
What about your neighbors?
Ya Mary and use to be neighbors too. Speaking of spying I use to quietly drive my car into the neighbors front yard and shine my headlights in their window to see what they were doing. I don't think they ever knew I was there. If they did it was because they heard Murf screaming at me to get the car out of their yard.
Mary and Jeb: My bad. I thought for sure that I had included good friends in my list of those who make me happy because you certainly do.
Alright Denis. If it's a rule then I stand corrected. It's a real pain in the ass to be corrected by you though.
N - D4
You only have one Knight ....and he sits on F6..... do you mean D5 ? If so B-A3....If you meant E4 , you are as dumb as the preznit......What do you mean "If it's a rule".....I know what I'm talking about before I type....ahem....That would be the definition of a Liberal ;-)
I think Bill B. is kind of a jerk. He wouldn't answer any questions at all regarding this scandal. All he kept saying was, "I am going to focus on our next game." But if what he did was really wrong, they should have given him a more severe punishment--$500,000 is nothing to a person who makes as much money has he does. They should have suspended him for a game or two, then he "couldn't focus on the next game" and answer the hard questions that he didn't want to answer.
Unka Mike, I realize you will disagree with everything I just said--but oh well--
Jess you are correct. ... . Why would I disagree with you ? Being Liberal doesn't mean not taking responsibility for ones actions....The NFL recently suspended a coach that was taking HGH illegally... he was a coach, he doesn't play against other people which would negate any competitive disadvantage. Yet Bela-Cheat broke specific rules (Debatable how much they could give his team an advantage....but)....I agree, he should have been suspended. Then W could give him a pardon like Scooter. After all he is a patriot ;-)
Yes to D5.
P - C5
B-c5xp
Post a Comment
<< Home