Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Ryder Cup

I like Tiger Woods. But I like that he isn't playing in this Ryder Cup.

When he plays in the Ryder Cup or President's Cup competitions it is portrayed by the media as "Tiger and these lesser American guys" against the Europeans or the world. It is, of course, a team competition, even when Tiger is playing. But this year it feels like one. NBC patted themselves on the back for not mentioning Tiger Woods for 8+ hours of broadcasing today.

I am very troubled by the recent collapse of financial/investment institutions.

Many, many people have, or have had, their hands in the cookie jar. Many, many people have, or have had, their whole arms up to the armpit in the cookie jar. I am troubled because many of these people won't be caught with any of their body parts in the cookie jar and we will live to experience a repeat of these crimes.

I am really upset that this all happened during a Republican executive administration.

Democrat and Republican politicians and their cronies are involved and deserve blame. All of them. But this meltdown would have occurred even if the Democrats held the executive power.

I need time and opportunity to investigate these financial/investment issues

In the meanwhile, I leave you with my gut reaction:

6 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, I told you where, to start on your quest for truth. ( The repeal of the 'Glass- Steagle Act; with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act days before the Christmas recess '99, with a veto proof majority, under a Republican Congress)....I was also the lone voice in the wilderness on this subject......oh, 6 years ago when I first became knowledgeable on this problem. Hell, I think I was laughed at then and many times after when I screamed that this was inevitable but noooooo some people never fear the rabbit until it is too late. Now for something completely different, do you remember "The Crimson Pirates of the Progessive Insurance Corporation" skit from the "Meaning of Life" ? ...Talk about predicted and predictable....(I agree with your last picture...I've been doing that for years now)...but don't be doing that shared "blame game" with me. You forget yourself sir..... That fireside chat that may happen ,up in Olcott, will be interesting....but you had better do some research , you are way behind, and .....It's doubtful that you'll be able to keep up. ....

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewwwwww to the vomit pic!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Add this to a reply, from your previous blog, where I wrote that Progressives know who the real enemy is...whereas you people will keep getting hit in the head, time and time again, yet blame unions and aliens and minorities and and, and, and....but never the Bastard that's hitting you. Well what about those Millions that did everything right...Raised families the best they could, scrimped on frills and vacations, paid their bills, never took loans for frivolous purposes, paid their mortgages off on time or better, early, then squirreled away money in Bear Sterns or Merrill Lynch or AIG. People who will now have to work the rest of their lives because they believed there was an American Dream....What do you tell those people, Francis? I didn't listen to my brother? The problem with you people is that you just don't remember current, never mind history....There was a reason that sane people passed the Glass-Seagle Act.....Do you think..ahem ..let me rephrase that...Will you people remember why regulation is important ? ...I will not hold my breath, in fact I'm sure there is little republican gnomes trying desperately, to find a way to blame this on the liberals.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I have been working like the good little drone that I am. I have not finished studying the acts but I know what they are about and what happened. I am still studying them.

But pullleeeze don't bait me with the assertion that this all the fault of the Republicans. If you do, you'll be portraying a certain amount of ignorance - less than mine - but ignorance just the same. Or will the reason be plain old-fashioned denial. They're all super rich and party affiliation is not an obstacle to them getting into bed with one another.

And put that whole idea about a fireside chat out of your head. There will not be one.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Mary's comment ... Eww!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Yeah, well the picture is a perfect portrayal of how I feel - and I never throw up.

(There were lots of grosser pictures I could have used but I do take my readers' sensibilities into account when I publish. That's just the kind of guy I am.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home